USA141.com 美国伴游网 美国小姐网

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

Wholesale Jerseys [复制链接]

1#
Smith and his wide receivers are only part of the equation, though. To make the passing game click, the offensive line must protect better than it did last season, when it allowed Smith to get sacked a career-high 45 times in just 15 games.
That is hardly the case this season.
Now, he must do more.
Much of his career, Smith has been hampered by spotty options at wide receiver. Dwayne Bowe and Donnie Avery hardly fit Chiefs coach Andy Reid's offense, but other than a host of also-rans, they were just about all Smith had at his disposal.
NOTES: Maclin woke up Monday with a strained neck. X-rays were negative. "Everything is OK. We just have to get the spasm out of it," Reid said. "I'm not sure exactly when it happened." It is unclear whether Maclin will play in Saturday's preseason opener at Arizona. ... OLB Dee Ford remained out of practice after going through the concussion protocol this past weekend.
After signing a four-year, $68 million extension before training camp,Nike NFL Jerseys China, Smith proceeded to throw for more than 3,000 yards and 18 touchdowns with only six interceptions, despite having his season cut a game short by injury.
He also has more down-the-field options.
"If you're going to throw an interception, training camp is the time to throw it. Let's test our skill and ability, let's see what our guys can do," Pederson said.

"I feel really good," said Smith, who is entering his 10th season in the league. "It's a point of emphasis for us all offseason. We worked hard on it, QBs and wideouts included. We worked really hard on it and I do feel good with where we're at."
"Your percentages obviously go down when you shoot deep as opposed to short and intermediate passes, that only makes sense,Cheap NFL Jerseys," Reid said. "But he's connected on some nice ones (in practice).
The Chiefs signed Jeremy Maclin, who grew up in Reid's offense in Philadelphia — although the high-profile free agent missed Monday's practice with an injury.
One of the big criticisms of Smith has been his reluctance to throw deep, which might help loosen up opposing defenses and give Charles room to run. Smith completed just 40 passes of at least 20 yards last season, ranking in the bottom half of NFL starters,NFL Jerseys Outlet, and three of at least 40 yards — tied for 35th among all quarterbacks that attempted a pass.
They also drafted Chris Conley in the third round,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, and the speedy, rangy pass-catcher out of Georgia returned to the practice field Monday for the first time since July 29 after dealing with a knee injury.
But if the Chiefs hope to return to the playoffs — and win their first postseason game since 1993 — it will almost certainly be because their passing game flourishes this season.
"I really feel that we have a lot of the pieces that it takes," he said. "You just never know how long those windows last and you have to make the most out of this opportunity, and I really do think we have an opportunity in front of us."
So far, the Chiefs have yet to settle on a front five. Rookie center Mitch Morse is in a tight competition with Eric Kush, and the entire right side of the line remains in flux with Jeff Allen, Paul Fanaika and Donald Stephenson among those playing musical chairs.
"Let's see what the quarterback can do, let's see what our receivers can do. This is the time to test that, and we've got all of the confidence in the world, as a staff, when we call those plays that they're completion plays and that Alex will do the right thing with the ball."
Nobody would be happier to see that than Smith, who understands the burden of a successful season could very well fall on his right shoulder.
Throw in the emergence of tight end Travis Kelce as a bona fide star last season, and running back Jamaal Charles's ability to catch passes out of the backfield, and Smith has more weapons in the huddle than any other time in his first two years in Kansas City.
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — Alex Smith did everything the Kansas City Chiefs asked of him last season.
Even offensive coordinator Doug Pederson,China NFL Jerseys, himself a former quarterback, seems to be hoping Smith takes more chances, at least before the games start to count.
"It doesn't matter if you have two or three studs," Allen said,Cheap Jerseys, "you have to have five guys working together. That is what we're trying to get."
The veteran quarterback with a reputation for being a game manager is being called upon to build on a solid if unremarkable season.
分享 转发
2#

It's well known, of course,Cheap NFL Jerseys, that everyone handles losing differently. Gruden said the great players "can't stand to lose" and have that mantra in their DNA.
"We have guys that have leadership qualities,Cheap Jerseys Online," Gruden said. "We just haven't had that guy stand up and really take charge."
Gruden inherited a team that went 3-13 last season and has finished last in the NFC East in five of the last six years. If nothing else, they know losing, and the new coach has to make sure it hasn't become acceptable.
Gruden said when he spoke to the players immediately after the game, they were "exhausted" and "dejected" and that he tried to "bring 'em up a little bit" because they had improved from a 31-point blowout in the previous game.
Gruden didn't witness the scene — he was at his own news conference — but he got wind of it Tuesday. He said he had already discussed it with veteran safety Ryan Clark and will "have to think long and hard how to approach" the matter,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping.
That said, it was still a loss.
"Hopefully it was taken out of context or what have you, but I have no idea what it was like," Gruden said. "If it was upbeat, it shouldn't be, and that is disappointing that it was because they played their hearts out. They played hard,NFL Jerseys Supply, I thought. We lost the game. No reason to be upbeat, though, whatsoever."
"I'm hoping that nobody was jovial after a loss," Gruden said.
"For me," Gruden said, "I haven't smiled since two days ago, I think."
Notes: Gruden said LB Perry Riley (sprained knee) has the most serious injury from the game. Riley will have the knee re-examined Wednesday. ... Gruden said Robert Griffin III (dislocated ankle) will perhaps do some running and treadmill work this week but isn't ready to take part in practice. "I don't envision that anytime soon,NFL Jerseys Authentic," the coach said.

"This season is starting to shrink down on us right before our eyes," he said. "And we're at a point in time where if we don't flip the script, we'll be playing for nothing the rest of the season. ... Our sense of urgency has to be Code 1 right now."
WASHINGTON (AP) — The old-as-sports-itself debate over how hard to take a loss became Topic A with the Washington Redskins on Tuesday, with first-year coach Jay Gruden saying he will look into the laughing and joking among some of his players following the team's latest defeat.
"When you do lose, you want people to be sick about it,Cheap Jerseys," Gruden said. "And you want people to try to bounce back from it and move on to the next week and learn from their mistakes and make sure it doesn't happen again and not ever, ever be satisfied after a loss."
This is the last thing Gruden needs. The Redskins are 1-4 and face a short practice week ahead of a long road trip to face the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.
Offensive captain Trent Williams and receiver Pierre Garcon were among players contributing to a surprisingly light atmosphere in parts of the locker room Monday night minutes after the Redskins fell 27-17 to the Seattle Seahawks.
Part of the task is to have team leaders to self-police the locker room. The retirement of longtime captain London Fletcher at the end of last season has seemingly left a void.
发新话题 回复该主题